Take the Challenge!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine Pre-Gala Event

I met Dr. Neal Barnard last night at a kick-off party for PCRM's 25th Anniversary Celebration Gala that will take place in April. It was so inspiring! Rory Freedman, author of the very successful book Skinny Bitch, was there as was Kathy Freston, author of Quantum Wellness and person responsible for getting Oprah trying a vegan diet for 3 weeks! Skinny Bitch is actually the book that started me on my journey towards becoming completely plant-based. I had wanted to do it since I was a child, but somehow this book made it seem impossible not to. It was amazing to thank Rory for doing that for me, as well as thousands of other readers. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you pick up a copy. She set me in motion for my mission to teach the world about the miracles of plant-based nutrition!

PCRM is one of the most important and active organizations that fight for both animal rights as well as educating the public on why plant-based nutrition can save your life. I highly recommend you check out their website www.PCRM.org and sign up for their mailing list. They make it so simple to help animals by providing links to send e-mails and make phone calls to universities, hospitals, government officials to support specific issues, such as eliminating needless cruel animal testing, providing healthy options in schools, and many others. You can also order a free Vegetarian Starter Kit that is full of great facts and advice.

In honor of their 25th anniversary, I hope to get more people involved and, at the very least, aware of this phenomenol and critical organization.

0 comments:

Post a Comment