Take the Challenge!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Green Sludge for Going Veg


Yesterday, Jesse Pomeroy and I shot the production of my favorite breakfast, my Green Smoothie, for Going Veg. This is what I make every morning. It provides every nutrient possible and tastes delicious. A perfect way to start the day.
In it, there are as many greens as I can pack in (usually a combination of collard greens, dandelion greens, and black kale). The greens are filled with antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll which floods the body with oxygen. Then I add a couple tablespoons of both flaxseed and hempseed for the omega 3 fatty acids. Next, I fill the blender to capacity with frozen fruit (typically I combine blueberries, cherries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, papaya and frozen banana). Finally, I pour in either almond milk, coconut water or a chilled mug of green tea (depending on my mood). Blend it all together and voila! The perfect breakfast is served!

2 comments:

I Quit Eating Meat said...

I've been drinking a lot of blended green drinks lately, too. I find they give me great energy. I usually use spinach and kale for my greens, but should I be using dandelion (where do I find these?) or collard greens instead?

smile.ly said...

Hey, I noticed you mentioned making a blended drink with Coconut water on your blog. We would really like to send you a complimentary case of Vita Coco to try and review. All we ask is that when blogging, you provide links for the Vita Coco Facebook Fan Page (http://bit.ly/aotjlC) and this link (http://bit.ly/c78qe7 Code:2BUCKVIT) for the Amazon coupon. When reviewing, just mention that you received a free case from Vita Coco. Please e-mail us at at info@smile.ly so we can send you your free case of Vita Coco. We look forward to hearing from you!

Post a Comment