Take the Challenge!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Japanoodles!!!




One of my favorite cuisines is Japanese. I spent a couple weeks in Japan touring with a play I was in as a teenager and could not stop eating throughout the trip! The flavors of miso, rice vinegar, tamari, sesame, garlic and ginger are tantalizing to the tastebuds and the dishes are typically low-fat and plant-rich. I try and emulate the flavors in my kitchen as often as possible. I made Japanoodles!!! in a way to be able to incorporate more greens into your meals since it is the most important food group. Click here to learn why greens can save your life.


Japanoodles!!! is a very simple and is one of the simplest meals to make, requiring only a few ingredients and a couple of steps.


1 package rice noodles


2 Tbsp miso paste (any type)


3 cloves garlic, crushed


1 1/2 tsp Gomashio (optional)


4 cups mixed greens (any or all of the following: collards, chard, spinach, kale, dandelion greens)

Directions:

Boil 4 cups water

Once boiling, add whole package of rice noodles

In a medium to large bowl, smash together the miso paste, garlic and gomashio

When the noodles are almost ready (usually 3-5 minutes into cooking), add greens into the boiling water/noodle mixture

After 2-3 more minutes, drain noodle/greens mixture

Add to sauce

Serves 2-4. Enjoy! Domo arigato!

For more information on eating healthy, see my website here.



2 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks for this recipe, I love the simplicity and another way to get my dark green leafy veggies in!! =)

JCunningham said...

I made this without gomashio and it was yumalicious! Thanks Julieanna for the quick and tasty recipe!

Post a Comment