This workout is the last in the series utilizing a Swiss Ball and dumbbells. It is the most challenging of the three and it builds upon the previous two: workout 4 and workout 5 with Cari Ham from Fitness on the Run. The five exercises Cari taught and I performed were the following:
1. Ball Bench Press (feels good on entire body)
2. Ball 1-Arm Row (fun with a good balance challenge)
3. Ball 1-Leg Hamstring Curl (nice for the tushy and back of the legs)
4. Ball Prone Shoulder Press (hated this one...but great for the posture)
5. Ball Single-Leg Split Squat (total klutz with this one...talk about a tough balancing act!)
Similar to all of our simple, but challenging workouts, it is necessary to perform 15 reps of each of the five exercises. Then, without a break, repeat the series three times. This provides a cardiovascular benefit along with the musculoskeletal advantages of performing resistance exercises.
Enjoy! This one really is a great, full-body workout!